The Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group (CVMG) is a non-profit organization aimed at promoting the use, restoration and interest in older motorcycles and those of historic interest.
Started in 1968, the CVMG has thousands of members across Canada. Collectively, they own motorcycles of a bewildering variety and age representing over 200 different manufacturers.
The Club meets each first Tuesday of the month, at 7:30
- Encourage the ownership, collection, preservation, restoration and use of motorcycles of historic interest.
- Organize rallies, shows, displays, sporting and other events.
- Encourage the preservation of all records, data, objects and miscellanea pertaining to the history of motorcycles and motorcycling.
- Provide an organization to carry out services required by members.
- Safeguard the rights and privileges of its members and to take action, where advisable, in cases where general principles affecting the objectives of the group or the rights of motorcyclists are involved.
- Publish such periodicals, newsletters, or other publications as may be of service to members and further the objectives of the group.
The CVMG is operated entirely by volunteer members for the mutual benefit of all through an annually elected executive and a system of representative section officials. The CVMG and its 30 local sections across Canada accomplish their objectives by organizing motorcycle events and providing services and help to members on a mutual assistance basis.
The Northern Alberta Section (NORAL) of the CVMG was founded in 1988 and has grown to be among the largest sections in the country with members not only in Edmonton, but also from across northern Alberta and the NWT.
NORAL meets the 1st Tuesday of each month at 7:30 for a section meeting at the Norwood Legion, located at 11150 – 82nd Street in Edmonton (this is at the corner on 112 Avenue & immediately east of Commonwealth Stadium), Guests are welcome.
NORAL also meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at the same location at 7:00.
Depending on the season, this will be for either:
- Film nights
- Paths With a Past historical motorcycle rides
at the Norwood Legion, 11150 – 82nd Street, Edmonton